- Pre-school story times are held on Monday at 10:30 am and Tuesday at 9:30 am and 10:30 am. During the school year, an evening story time is held monthly.
- Adult book discussion held monthly
- Classic movie matinees monthly
- Young Adult Book discussion held monthly during the school year
- Vaughn Teen Advisory Council (VTAC) meets monthly during the school year and sponsors Teen Events and fundraisers at the library year-round
- Summer Reading Program for children and teens
- Special monthly programs sponsored by the Friends of the Vaughn during the school year
- Library Fundraiser - Cruisin' the Corridor 5K/10K Walk/Run Held the 2nd full weekend in October. In its 18th year in 2012, this fundraising event has raised thousands of dollars for the library.
A self-service color photocopier is available in the library. Rates are $.20 per side for B & W, $.50 per side for Color. Two-sided copies cost $.40 for B & W, $1.00 for Color. If you provide your own paper, the cost is $.10 per side B & W, $.40 per side Color. The color photocopier also has scan to e-mail capability - for NO CHARGE. You may also scan to save a document as a pdf onto a flash drive. Printing pdf documents from a flash drive is available for the costs listed above.
Faxes may be sent or received at the Vaughn Public Library. Rates for sending are $2 for the first page and $1 for each additional page. Rates for receiving are $1 for the first page and $.50 cents for each additional page. The FAX number is 715-682-7185.
Laminating of materials is available at the library. Several sizes at various costs are available. Contact the library for details.
Flash Drives, Ear Buds & Headsets
Flash drives are available for purchase at the Circulation Desk for $5.00 each. Ear buds and Headsets are available for purchase for $2.00 each.
A secure, lighted display case is available for patrons to share private collections with the public. If you have a collection you’d like to share, contact the Library Director.
Two outside book drops are available for the return of library materials.
Three meeting rooms are available for public use. They maybe reserved for use by non-profit groups, at the Circulation Desk or by telephone.
Holds for materials owned by other libraries in the Merlin system may be placed via your home computer or ask Library Staff for assistance.
Materials not held in the Merlin system may be available via the state library catalog. As Library Staff about WISCAT.
A couple of new devices to better assist our library patrons are now at VPL. Near the Circulation Desk, a walker is available for use by mobility challenged persons. The walker was acquired through a LSTA (Library Services and Technology Act) grant from NWLS (Northern Waters Library Service).
In Spring, 2012 through a LSTA grant from NWLS, a Hearing Loop was installed at the Circulation Desk (North) in the library. This device enables the amplification of the human voice via a microphone, so that a patron (or Library Staff member) with a hearing device can "hear" the other person.
The visually challenged will be aided by the availability of a “MonoMouse”. Two of these devices were donated to the library from the Ashland Lions Club and the Faith Lutheran Church Youth Group of Mason and are available for checkout. The Mono-Mouse is a device which plugs into an electrical outlet and into a video input of a television set. The “mouse” can be moved across printed materials, and the text will display on the television screen, much larger. Inquire at the Circulation Desk to check out a MonoMouse.
VPL provides outreach service to two nursing homes in Ashland. Mail-A-Book is available through the Northern Waters Library Service.